In this part:
Reissuing or replacing?
Changing: in case the paper relationship is lost, stolen, or mutilated, you could get an alternative savings that are electronic.
Reissuing: I bonds if you want to change who is named on the bond, or if there is a major error in the names, see Reissuing Paper.
Note: Bonds we replace or wonґt that is reissue released in paper type, but is likely to be given as electronic bonds in TreasuryDirect. Specific cost cost savings bonds may possibly not be split and must certanly be reissued in complete. Rather than changing the relationship electronically, you are able to ask for the relationship to be cashed.
If for example the paper We bond is lost or damaged, we are in need of the information that is following trying to find the record of one’s relationship:
- Relationship number that is serial in the event that you don’t have the relationship serial quantity, offer all the following:
- Certain thirty days and 12 months of purchase
- Personal Security Number (as an example 123-45-6789)
- Names, including names that are middle initials
- Mailing target
To request a replacement bond that is electronic a TreasuryDirect account:
- Fill in FS Form 1048 (down load or purchase).
- Take the filled-out type to your lender and now have your signature according that is certified the directions in the type.
- Mail the completed type to:
Treasury Retail Securities Services
P.O. Box 214
Minneapolis, MN 55480-0214
Note: when you get your bonds in a TreasuryDirect account or payment for missing bonds, the initial paper bonds are no longer yours. Read More